This post has been in the vault for a few months now, and I can not believe that it is time to finally post it!! My son is one year old! Where did that time go?! It’s cliche to say, but I remember my pre-labor and labor like it was yesterday. I went to work on Monday, was admitted on Tuesday, and gave birth early Wednesday morning. Seriously, where did the time go?
This past year I’ve felt a rollercoaster of emotions: exhaustion, joy, appreciation, gratitude, sorrow, pain, relief, but most importantly, love.
It was love that got me through the first year…. the love of my beautiful boy, the love of my husband, and my love for Amazon Prime. If you are a new mom or a soon-to-be mom, I highly suggest becoming a Prime member (click the link for a 30-day trial).
In addition to the items mentioned above, the following FIVE items were complete lifesavers during the first year of my little one’s life. I hope you enjoy my list!
In no particular order:
1. Graco FastAction Travel System (car seat and stroller).
I would not recommend a product unless I used it myself and found it to be absolutely life-changing (here I go with the dramatics again!)! But seriously, I love this product because it includes the car seat base, infant car seat, and stroller for less than $200.
- Car seat snaps right into the stroller
- Stroller expands and collapses in five seconds
- The car seat straps are easy to adjust
- The car seat straps dig into the side of baby’s neck
- The sun visor on the car seat isn’t designed to be removed, thus making it difficult to clean
- The stroller seat is designed for larger babies, maybe 20+ lbs. My son was swallowed up by the stroller seat until recently.
All of the shout-outs to Poppy’s god-parents. My husband and I put this on our Amazon baby registry not thinking anyone would actually buy this, but they did! This swing is the truth!
- The straps tighten enough to hold a newborn in place
- The seat detaches to be used as a portable bouncer
- The swing can be powered by either the power cord or with batteries
- The nature sounds are piss-poor, no other way to state that LOL
- The mobile doesn’t spin
- There isn’t seemingly much variance between speed 4 and speed 6 (the highest).
This is a great item for those moments when you need somewhere safe to place baby. We could have put our son on the couch, but we didn’t want to put our baby on the same surface that our dogs slept on. Yes, we were those parents… in the beginning.
- Soft, easy to spot clean fabric
- Light-weight, very portable
- Cute design
- Designed for babies up to 16 pounds
- Pillowcase is not included
- Kind of pricey since it can only be used for 3-4 months.
Although we used this product a lot during the first few weeks, we got the bulk of our use within the last few months.
- The napper-to-changer function is user-friendly.
- The Pack ‘N Play is easily assembled and disassembled
- The mesh pouches on the side are perfect for storing diapers and wipes
- The Pack N Play is fairly low which makes diaper changes somewhat challenging
- The bassinet cannot be lowered, making it unsafe for sleeping once baby becomes adventurous
- There’s one mattress for both the bassinet and play yard
My mother-in-law bought this for Poppy just as he was beginning to “cruise” around the house and he loved it.
- There is a removeable snack tray for easy clean up
- The seat height has two adjustable settings
- Machine washable seat
- The tallest setting is fairly low
- Food gets caught between the tray and the seat
As with any product, be sure to read and follow all directions carefully and be sure to supervise Baby at all times.
This post contains affiliate links.